I'm trying to make refractasnapshot and refractainstaller usable with other distros and other desktops (aside from xfce and gnome2). I don't know kde4 very well and could use some help testing and tweaking. Any willing guinea-pigs can download the latest versions here - http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... a/testing/
These have NOT been fully tested. Use appropriate caution (e.g. not on your main system or anything else important.)
There are comments in the config file that should explain a lot.
Here's a post with results from my first attempts to run the change-username script on a (vbox) kde4 system (wheezy).
http://refracta.freeforums.org/change-u ... -t143.html
At some point, I need to do some testing with gnome3, so if anyone feels like trying that before I get to it, please let me know what happens.
What's new in refractasnapshot since 9.0.2
* aded /etc/blkid.tab to snapshot_exclude.list
* added option to stop before squashing to edit files in $work_dir/myfs/
* reduced number of isolinux config files
* moved $work_dir out of /tmp
* added option to use a different isolinux directory
* added test for pmount.allow to eliminate error "No such file"
* added command-line option to use a different config file
* removed the warning for separate /tmp partition
* added config for snapshot.iso filename
* package list gets put on the cdrom, inside a directory
* that's named after the snapshot.iso to help identify the build
* added config for default text editor and gui editor
* added "Boot hard disk" to isolinux boot menu
* Replaced black isolinux boot splash with MidnightBeach
* Added $disable_updatedb and $pmount_fixed to configs.
* Removed rsync and genisoimage commands from config file.
* Added $disable_freshclam and $root_ssh to configs.
* Added option to use uuid in fstab
* Added separate rsync excludes file for separate /home and /boot.
* Don't allow use of uuid in fstab if using encryption.
* Added option to change hostname.
* Disable autologin in gdm, gdm3, kde3, kde4, trinity, lightdm.
* freshclam gets re-enabled if it was disabled by snapshot.
* Made variables for swapfile block size and count.
* Disable console autologin (replace /etc/inittab with stock debian)
* Added config file with options for swapfile size, and to enable
* or disable pmount for fixed drives, updatedb, freshclam, and root
* login through ssh.
* added code to change-username to handle lightdm.