PHP and MySQL

Get your foo on.

PHP and MySQL

Postby mharrison » December 12th, 2012, 12:46 am

Just wondering if we have anyone out there who is good with both PHP and MySQL. I'm working through some books on how to learn it but I want to bounce some thoughts off of someone skilled with both to see if any of my ideas are even possible.

Thanks!
cynwulf wrote:Ubuntu, Debian for thick people who can't register at the Debian forums
mharrison

Re: PHP and MySQL

Postby CiaW » December 13th, 2012, 1:37 am

I don't know that I would call myself 'good' at both of them, but I'm familiar with both. I'm responding since no one else has yet. :roll: I studied some via a book from the library, and figured out enough to create an html form with a php script to enter info. into a job search log database I created. I had to do a little trouble-shooting in the process. I also used Drupal for a few years for my website, which is based on PHP interacting with a database.
CiaW

Re: PHP and MySQL

Postby mharrison » December 13th, 2012, 1:40 am

Impatient as I am, I started this thread as I was reading things myself. Since I'm a quick study, stealing code from examples did help me figure out most of what I wanted to do with a website I'm working on for someone. Just have a few bugs to work out such as showing me all data added to the table 2 weeks ago from todays date and also a search that the users can use to find keywords in the database.
cynwulf wrote:Ubuntu, Debian for thick people who can't register at the Debian forums
mharrison

Return to Programming