Startx requirement?

Post your questions about Refracta here.

Startx requirement?

Postby pdsmith » February 17th, 2019, 6:24 pm

1st download of Refracta in at least 10 years. I have an issue with logging into the ISO dvd I created. I have tried it on both my laptop and my desktop computers. I figures that eufi might have cause the laptop issues, so I tried the ISO on my computer with multiple linux OSs on it. I ran through the boot sequence and and it eventually stopped dead in its' tracks until I pushed the enter button and it brought me to the user prompt. I eventaually typed startx to see what erors I would get but I booted right into the desktop witout errors. My question is this the normal way of loading refracta from the ISO disk?
pdsmith

Re: Startx requirement?

Postby pdsmith » February 17th, 2019, 9:10 pm

After installing to hard drive, the graphical login came up just fine. So far so good on this install
pdsmith

Re: Startx requirement?

Postby fsmithred » February 17th, 2019, 9:38 pm

The live iso should boot directly to the desktop without having to log in. UEFI or BIOS should not matter. Note: it boots with isolinux on bios and grub on uefi. In addition to that, it should not hang if the ethernet cable is not connected (I added a patch for that) and it should not hang when it's creating the ssh host keys (I fixed that, too.)

Maybe a bad burn or bad download caused the glitch.

Sometimes I forget that we've been doing this for 10 years. You might have missed it, but awhile ago I did a build with icewm for old time's sake.
fsmithred

Return to Refracta