Remove Refracta Installer completely?

Post your questions about Refracta here.

Remove Refracta Installer completely?

Postby miyo » May 25th, 2018, 1:40 am

fsr,

I'm bumfuzzled about this. In the latest editions of MiyoLinux, a newer version of refractainstaller-gui is introduced with updates. Though I remove the .desktop file, the update causes the installer to once again appear in the menu of MiyoLinux.

If I may, can I ask what to add to the "excludes list" in order to remove the installer gui from once again appearing in the menu when you release new versions? I've tried a few things with no luck...I need your expertise. :lol:

Hope that makes sense...
miyo

Re: Remove Refracta Installer completely?

Postby miyo » May 26th, 2018, 3:56 pm

I know you're busy fsr.

So, I've hacked it on the upcoming Awesome WIndow Manager releases by pinning the snapshot-base, installer-base, and installer-gui. I included that in the Release Notes for people who may want to remove the pins to upgrade to newer versions when they're released.

Thanks!
miyo

Postby fsmithred » May 27th, 2018, 7:37 pm

When you install the package, one of the files you get is /usr/share/applications/refractainstaller.desktop. You can delete that file or you can edit it so it doesn't show up in the menu. (add a line like OnlyShowIn=GNOME; and it will dissapear.) Either way, you'd have to do it wtih every update.

Pinning the version as you have done will work, but considering that I keep finding bugs to fix, that might not be the best idea. BTW, refractainstaller-9.4.2 should be avaiable in a few days.
fsmithred

Postby fsmithred » May 29th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Sorry, I forgot about this. There is a way to do what you want.

Code: Select all
man dpkg-divert

dpkg-divert is the utility used to set up and update the list of diversions.

File diversions are a way of forcing dpkg(1) not to install a file into its location, but to a
diverted location. Diversions can be used through the Debian package scripts to move a file away
when it causes a conflict.
fsmithred

Return to Refracta