Refracta Installer question...[SOLVED]

Post your questions about Refracta here.

Refracta Installer question...[SOLVED]

Postby Dan » April 28th, 2018, 6:05 pm

Hi fsr, this is Miyo...had to make a new account. :lol:

For some reason on my latest 32 bit Ascii build, the installer is skipping the "Configure hostname and username" window.

It completely skips that window and moves to the password windows. I've looked at refractainstaller.yad, but I can't find a reason for it. What's really got me bumfuzzled is that I've...

1. Tried different versions of yad...your gtk2 and the one in Ascii.
2. Tried different versions of refractasnapshot base, refractainstaller base, and refractainstaller gui...the base snapshot and installer in Ascii, and older ones.

It's happening no matter which I try. The 64 bit version doesn't have this problem, and I set them up the same.

Any ideas? Is it possibly something going on with Devuan Ascii 32 bit at the moment?
Last edited by Dan on May 2nd, 2018, 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan

Re: Refracta Installer question...

Postby fsmithred » April 30th, 2018, 12:38 am

I'm aware of a problem with the ascii/stretch version of yad when installing inside virtualbox - for me, it was the window that asks about the bootloader (the late one in the uefi installer). Using a gtk2 version of yad didn't help with it. Switching to yad-0.27 did help.

The problem didn't appear when installing on hardware, and I only tested it with amd64.

yad debs here:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/refracta/file ... _packages/
fsmithred

Postby Dan » May 1st, 2018, 4:43 am

HOORAY! yad 0.27 works!

Strange...

Three weeks ago, I made a 32 bit version for myself, and everything worked normal. A week later, I made one to distribute, and I ran into the problem that I discussed.

At least I have success now. Thank you fsr.

Would you recommend that I lock that version of yad? On a test install, it wanted to upgrade yad to the version in Ascii (of course). I went ahead and upgraded it, and some of the Miyo Accessories' GUIs were just a little funky looking. :lol:

So, my thoughts are to either lock the version at 0.27, or change the size of the windows so that they don't go all whack-a-doodle looking when a user upgrades...

Edited to add: By the way, all of my test installs were on real hardware.
Dan

Postby fsmithred » May 1st, 2018, 10:57 am

Pinning yad to the older version is not a bad idea. I didn't bother to do that in Refracta. Maybe I will. The newer version is even worse with refractasnapshot - buttons are off-screen. (but that one is fixed by using gtk2)
fsmithred

Re: Refracta Installer question...[SOLVED]

Postby Dan » May 2nd, 2018, 1:41 am

After contemplating everything, I decided to go ahead and pin it.

Edited to add: I forgot to mention that I didn't have this situation with the 64 bit version. That's another reason I wanted to have a nervous-jerkdown about wondering what was going on. :lol:
Dan

Return to Refracta