Laura Poitras crypto credits

All topics relating to computer security and internet privacy. Please try to keep it technical related and leave political diatribes at the door.

Laura Poitras crypto credits

Postby golinux » October 19th, 2014, 3:09 pm

Some interesting geek stuff in this article - Laura Poitras on the Crypto Tools That Made Her Snowden Film Possible
In the closing credits of Citizenfour, Poitras took the unusual step of adding an acknowledgment of the free software projects that made the film possible: The roll call includes the anonymity software Tor, the Tor-based operating system Tails, GPG encryption, Off-The-Record (OTR) encrypted instant messaging, hard disk encryption software Truecrypt, and Linux. All of that describes a technical setup that goes well beyond the precautions taken by most national security reporters, not to mention documentary filmmakers.
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Re: Laura Poitras crypto credits

Postby jheaton5 » October 19th, 2014, 4:29 pm

Thanks for that link. A good article well worth the read. Here is another quote I liked:
And should we expect to see more radical disclosures from those outlets? Poitras bristles at the word “radical.”

“I don’t think what we’re doing is radical,” she says. “I think it’s radical to censor information because the government asks you to. That’s radical.”
jheaton5

Return to Security/Privacy-Related