verb (used with object)
1. to determine by calculation; reckon; calculate: to compute the period of Jupiter's revolution.
2. to determine by using a computer or calculator.
verb (used without object)
3. to reckon; calculate.
4. to use a computer or calculator.
5. Informal . to make sense; add up: His reasons for doing that just don't compute.
Randicus Draco Albus wrote:In regards to the people who simply down-load "things" without knowing where they are going, or even what they are called. Since they do not organise their files, I must wonder how those people keep their back-up copies up-to-date.
No wonder the myriad fora are awash with the question, "I lost my files. How do I get them back?"
cynwulf wrote:It's a windows thing....
the majority of windows users can only deal with the desktop (barely) and right click and "send to".
As someone who works in tech support, this makes my job ten times more difficult than it should be - because it's 95% teaching idiots how to use their computers and the other 5% actually fixing the problem.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest