[SOLVED] Tint2 Battery Icon Gone  Topic is solved

Post questions regarding lower-level issues will here.

[SOLVED] Tint2 Battery Icon Gone

Postby Bukimari » June 6th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Last night I made the switch from CrunchBang to vanilla Debian. I did a lateral move from CrunchBang 11 (Waldorf) to Debian 7. Then I upgraded from Debian 7 to 8. I have messed with everything I possibly can and gotten it setup the way I like it, however I noticed that since the switch the battery icon in my tint2 panel is gone. I have added
Code: Select all
battery= 1
to my tint2 config file and restarted tint2 multiple times, I've checked xfce4-power-manager-settings to make sure that the icon wasn't turned off in there, however since moving from CrunchBang the xfce4 power settings look completely different and I no longer have an option to enable/disable the icon from there. So I'm at a loss, I just don't know what to do. I can always check the battery percentage through the xfce4 power settings but it is a bit of an inconvenience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Bukimari
Last edited by Bukimari on June 8th, 2015, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey." "Yeah?" "Do you ever wonder why we're here?" "No, I never wonder why we're here. Semper Fi, ******."
Bukimari

Re: Tint2 Battery Icon Gone  Topic is solved

Postby Bukimari » June 8th, 2015, 1:54 am

Well, nevermind. After some more Googling I found out that xfce-power-manager has issues in Jessie, and they have disabled the panel icon for Jessie users apparently. So I just installed mate-power-manager and everything works great now.
"Hey." "Yeah?" "Do you ever wonder why we're here?" "No, I never wonder why we're here. Semper Fi, ******."
Bukimari

Return to System Issues