Is this an EDID issue?

Post questions regarding lower-level issues will here.

Is this an EDID issue?

Postby Mikee55 » February 13th, 2018, 12:30 pm

Hi all, I've acquired an Industrial Pc. Its a Core i5 with a Zotac ZT-60404 GPU. Ive got 5GB of ram in it and have loaded Stretch with Gnome. The GPU has 2 DVI-I outs and a mini HDMI. I used to use a Raspberry Pi 2 but found it slow for watching Youtube videos or OnLine Catchup services. I have a Projector, a cheap Chinese unit from ebay. This Thing supports 1080 HD and has a resolution of 800 x 600.

Ive bought a DVI-I to HDMI adapter, this machine boots with a DVI-I to VGA adapter on both ports, but HDMI is blank. So I figured using DVI-I to HDMI would work. It doesn't.

When I boot, my Monitor is blank, I get the Boot Splash screen up on the Projector, then as the OS loads, the projector turns off, and the monitor takes over, if you like.

xrandr says I have a monitor attached to DVI-I -1 and DVI-I-2 and HDMI are disconnected, I've tried swapping my outputs around, but no joy.

I know my adapters and leads are good, I see the Boot Splash screen, but once the OS runs, the projector displays No Signal.

My monitor is DVI-I to VGA and works both ports, the projector can work DVI-I to VGA as well, HDMI would give me a better picture etc

I'm not seeing Update Hardware drivers as in install Nvidia so I guess I'm using Nouveau drivers, or not seeing as xrandr says its disconnected!

Any ideas welcome
Mikee55

Return to System Issues