Where is my phone mounted?

Use this forum for questions related to graphics, sound or desktop environments.

Where is my phone mounted?

Postby CiaW » September 2nd, 2016, 1:20 pm

Something changed since the last update, on Debian Jessie. I used to be able to plug in my phone by usb and it would mount it and I could see the file folders. Now I plug it in, it mounts and shows "Samsung" at this location on the file manager window: mtp://[usb:001,008]/ but there aren't any folders or anything.

I've looked in /dev, (where there is a usb folder) /mnt, and /media/cia, and it's not in any of those places. I'm pretty annoyed right now.

Is there a new package I need to install to be able to copy my keepass file or other files to my phone?

Thanks, Cia
CiaW

Re: Where is my phone mounted?

Postby Monsie » September 3rd, 2016, 6:20 pm

Hi Cia,

You might want to re-check your settings on your phone. It could be that your phone is currently set to charge the battery when plugged into a usb port instead of displaying your folders and files.

You did not indicate what model of phone you have (maybe it does not matter) but I know that on my Samsung phone, I find sometimes that system settings will change for no apparent reason: for example, I have found that my wifi will turn on when I have previously had it set to off --go figure.

Monsie
My username is pronounced: "Munsee" and is based on my nick name in High School.
Monsie

Re: Where is my phone mounted?

Postby CiaW » September 4th, 2016, 12:48 am

Monsie, thank you.

It's funny, because earlier today I plugged in my Kindle, and it brought up the internal storage just fine. So I plugged in my phone just now, and still nothing. After reading your reply, I looked at it and it was on the settings screen. I put it back to the home screen and voila, the storage appeared in my file manager. That was way too simple.
CiaW

Return to Desktop & Multimedia