It's a Dogs Life

Talk about anything you feel like talking about. Pull up a soapbox and pontificate to your heart's content. May contain some adult humour or otherwise objectionable content (NSFW). No warez, pr0n or illegal stuff.

It's a Dogs Life

Postby Pick2 » May 15th, 2011, 12:34 pm

I have always been good with animals. I'm finding out that it is mainly because I stay calm no matter what is going on.
Since I was medically retired , I have been working with the Dogs at the local shelters , and enjoying it immensely.
Here are some of My buddies:
Homeward Bound
Just folded space from Arrakis
Fugitive of the fdn re-education camp.
Pick2

Re: It's a Dogs Life

Postby nadir » May 15th, 2011, 7:22 pm

"Das mir der Hund das Liebste ist, sagst Du, oh Mensch, sei Sünde?
Der Hund bleibt mir im Sturme treu, der Mensch nicht mal im Winde"
translates to:
"The dog is the dearest to me, you say, oh man, be a sin?
The dog remains for me in the storm faithful man not even in the wind "
but does not sound that nice in English.

More clear: i can say that i like animals a lot.
nadir

Postby Pick2 » June 13th, 2011, 2:21 am

The adoption rate at the Shelter varies a lot , We've had a lot of dogs adopted over the last month , must mean the economy is doing better :)
And so , we've gotten in a lot of new dogs recently. We received a Doberman Friday who is just a wonderful dog , well trained ... just happy to be here :D
We got a Great Dane in late saturday , He's a bit jumpy ... spooks all of a sudden. He all but yanked me off my feet twice today :lol:
Did I mention I like BIG Dogs ? :D
I'll have to get some pictures up of My dogs.
Pick2

Postby Pick2 » June 26th, 2011, 12:47 pm

Last Saturday the 18th we had our big fundraiser Woof Stock. ( Between gearing up Fri. and the event Sat. , I slept most of Sunday :lol: )
It was good to see so many of the dogs I had the pleasure of working with again.
Makes it all worth it when you see a dog that came in all thin as a rail and scraggly ... looking All Buff , Fluff and Tail waggin' Happy :D
Pick2

Postby huggybear » June 26th, 2011, 9:04 pm

Those dogs are so cute! <3

I'm more of a cat person. This is my Cili with her offspring:
Large Ass Picture
<< I guess that makes them "DEBITARDS" ..... >>
huggybear

Postby JohnDeere630 » June 26th, 2011, 11:52 pm

huggybear wrote:Those dogs are so cute! <3

I'm more of a cat person. This is my Cili with her offspring:
Large Ass Picture

She is beautiful. I am also a cat person....I like dogs okay, don't get me wrong; but I really love cats..all cats. I saw a tiger once (at a zoo, unfortunately) and was spellbound at his grace, beauty and obvious power. (I am not one of those idiots who would keep a tiger or lion as a pet; the big cats are magnificent, but to them, I am just an ambulatory chunk of meat.) I may start a thread for cats and post some funny pics of my cat, Mimzy unless someone beats me to it. :lol:
$500 bounty paid for each pair of SJW balls...also for hen's teeth, unicorn horns and other imaginary items.
JohnDeere630

Postby Beewolf » June 27th, 2011, 12:25 am

We've got a pair of cats and a pair of dogs here. If I had to get rid of two of them, it'd be the cats.
Llewellyn H. Rockwell Jr. wrote:Data points on their own convey no theory, suggest no conclusions, and offer no truths. To arrive at truth requires the most important step that we as human beings can ever take: thinking. Through this thinking, and with good teaching and reading, we can put together a coherent theoretical apparatus that helps us understand.
Beewolf

Postby JohnDeere630 » June 27th, 2011, 2:27 am

BioTube wrote:We've got a pair of cats and a pair of dogs here. If I had to get rid of two of them, it'd be the cats.

That's funny...all animals have their distinct personalities; some more pleasant than others. Just like people, I suppose. I had a collie once and she was a beauty, and as sweet as she could be. She was also very smart, even for a collie. I still miss her greatly after several years. I also have a very dirty cat that I think is going to live forever. He has been banished to the barn for several months because I just got tired of cleaning up after him, and much as I have thought about it, I just can't bring myself to shoot him. So although I generally prefer cats to dogs, I do make exceptions.
$500 bounty paid for each pair of SJW balls...also for hen's teeth, unicorn horns and other imaginary items.
JohnDeere630

Postby bmc5311 » June 27th, 2011, 2:37 am

my husky - Trunks, loves cats . . . . . . with biscuits and gravy....

MacBook Air / stable amd64 / openbox
2006 mac mini / stable / openbox
bmc5311

Postby huggybear » June 27th, 2011, 10:16 am

I love dogs alright, and all animals in general, but cats are somehow very independent (granted, our cats are true village cats -- they chase mice and kill birds; real killers!), whereas dogs seem like more work. And the cats don't suck up so much. :lol: Unless there's fish for lunch...
<< I guess that makes them "DEBITARDS" ..... >>
huggybear

Next

Return to Nonsense