My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Talk about anything you feel like talking about. Pull up a soapbox and pontificate to your heart's content. May contain some adult humour or otherwise objectionable content (NSFW). No warez, pr0n or illegal stuff.

Re: My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Postby nodir » December 20th, 2018, 11:02 pm

oat bread, huh? sonds good.

both hold your breath:
some nuthead (no, not me) came up with the idea to make rissole/meatballs (german: Frikadelle or Bulette) from oat. I gave it a try (just like usual meatballs, only with oat instead of meat), and they are quite good.
You can't transport them as well as the usual ones though.
You might ask? Why would one want to do that?
Well: i needed something to add to the mustard ....

At least in TV it looks as if oat would be quite common in the US, for breakfast. In Germany it is well known, but pretty much no one does it (or even likes it, it seems People start to yammer if you only mention it).
German price: half a kilo for 50 cents, which lasts for a week for me. Hard to beat that. (i usually mix it with spelt, also add some nuts and sees, quark too. But if i am low on money, i get away with oat only).

-
golinux, yup, i heard so regarding dairy products (i mentioned it above: quite some nutrition advisors for professional sports have started recommending against it too, lately. But: I got a love affair with Harzer Roller. 30 percent protein, close to no fat, outstanding cheap, easy to transport, tastes as cheese should taste: like old socks ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harzer )
nodir

Postby nodir » December 20th, 2018, 11:02 pm

Yee-haw !

It is done !

may this thread rest in peace now.
nodir

Postby cynwulf » December 21st, 2018, 2:32 pm

This thread will return...
cynwulf

Postby JohnDeere630 » December 21st, 2018, 5:20 pm

cynwulf wrote:This thread will return...

:lol: It has become The Thread That Will Not Die.
$500 bounty paid for each pair of SJW balls...also for hen's teeth, unicorn horns and other imaginary items.
JohnDeere630

Postby golinux » December 21st, 2018, 6:19 pm

JohnDeere630 wrote:
cynwulf wrote:This thread will return...

:lol: It has become The Thread That Will Not Die.

And happily . . . this is the forum that will not die. :)
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby nodir » December 21st, 2018, 11:36 pm

good chance to say it before someone asks:
i for one am broken all the time, mainly after the 15 of the months.
taking more care of your nutrition might be a good idea, but you sure don't get it for nothing.
nodir

Postby golinux » December 22nd, 2018, 2:13 am

nodir wrote:good chance to say it before someone asks:
i for one am broken all the time, mainly after the 15 of the months.
taking more care of your nutrition might be a good idea, but you sure don't get it for nothing.

I look at the this way . . . you pay farmers up front rather than to the MIC after the fact.
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby nodir » December 22nd, 2018, 4:15 pm

Yeah, sure. And it does help a lot (as said above, i mainly take care of eating more protein).
Not that much more anyway. Before i needed 15- 20 Euros per week, now 25-30.
I could go to local soup-kitchen, but what you get there mainly is .... meat. tons of it.
well: and bread, but i don't need 2 bags of bread per week, but only 1-2 kilos.

My father send me a bit of money, so at X-mas i don't have to chew on oat only, but got a bit of tuna and vegetables too. Living at the edge ...

(seriously: i am doing fine as far the material world is concerned. I sure could need a bit of more money,say organic food would be awesome, but welfare enables me to avoid humans, so i can't complain. Just spoke with my female shrink about it, as not working and being alive sure is a bit odd, but she encouraged me to accept the way i am, that only that much is possible for me. Which, might be sad, only a wee bit more than nothing ... i pity poor children though. In German, a so called rich country, partly 1 of 3 children is poor. Partly translates to: say in the town i live in, but not in every region).
nodir

Postby lester] » December 23rd, 2018, 4:51 am

I just wrote a long post and lost it during submit as I was auto logged out... I'll summarize in reverse order...

I'm grateful for life, liberty and gifts of god that are still legal to share.

A family members current classified status in one field..
Another paternal family member I was named after and was a botanist 1890-1944 who's research was classified during ww11
my maternal german heritage
family bonds presently almost non-existent and past how I remember them.
my healthy eating and exercising habits or lack of them presently....
my behavior of sitting in front of this screen way to much and how it helps me avoid the unwanted parts of human interactions.. and how a lot of times it only helps so much... not much at all....
describing some of the oddities of my personality using references such as Insane Clown Posses' Song What is a Juggalo and a specific line on the song "What is a Juggalo I don't know But every agents kid is one"
Jason Bourne big screen series, Berlin Station little screen series, SNL skit sketch Janet Jackson protrayed Condoleezza Rice being debriefed for a press conference by Dick Chaney ( the way Chaney says) "It's classified" cracked me up.....
recently told I'm not that important to be worried about being watched ( by a recovering addict ) go figger...
my possible iLluminatti complex ?
my personality type on the myers-briggs scale today turned out to be
Code: Select all
Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test™
Your Type
ENTJ
Extravert(12%)  iNtuitive(16%)  Thinking(3%)  Judging(6%)

You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (12%)
    You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (16%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (3%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (6%)

Last time I took the survey I believe I was an ENFP
I took the survey to respond to a RFC from Tom Murphy at this page of his blog
https://dothemath.ucsd.edu/2015/04/okay-three-question-survey-for-dtm-readers/
and finally
I've often wondered what personality type either or both Freud Jung would group me in.
lester]

Postby namibed » December 23rd, 2018, 7:17 am

i originally had something very focused to say about nutritional choices, but it's gone now...

maybe this:
humans aren't designed to function on the best possible specs.
the proverbial stone age hunter wasn't some sort of body builder type with bulging muscles. instead, rather scrawny i think. always experiencing slight malnutrition. but he didn't die from it, rather from cold or sepsis after being speared by a mammoth. his lungs were worse than a chainsmoker's (too much time in front of open fire).

what i mean: as a vegan, you don't need the full protein intake as compared to ... what? you will survive.

i think i'd go with traditional cooking (all over the world); it contains a lot of wisdom about balanced nutrition.
and there's the biggest nutritional problem for veg/etari/ans:
if you eat what mommy cooks, but just leave out the animal product, it will be bad for you.

i once read that a 50/50 mix of rice and lentils (which is the basis of most meals in many countries) contains everything you need in protein and carbs in perfect balance.

not that i'm a vegan or even vegetarian, but i don't think a meal is incomplete if it doesn't contain animal product.

on these thoughts, i wish you all a happy winter time (or summer if you live down under), christmas for most, eating eating eating ... and remember, the days are already getting longer again!
namibed

PreviousNext

Return to Nonsense