My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Talk about anything you feel like talking about. Pull up a soapbox and pontificate to your heart's content. May contain some adult humour or otherwise objectionable content (NSFW). No warez, pr0n or illegal stuff.

Re: My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Postby Randicus Draco Albus » December 1st, 2018, 5:47 am

No need to join. Everything has been said already.
1) The food supply in "the West" is poisoned with pesticides, steroids, growth hormone and who knows what else. And now the idiocy of genetic engineering. Why are North Americans developing allergies to their food? Milk, peanut and wheat allergies? Could not be the food, no. Strange how Chinese eat much more than North Americans do, but most are healthy and a fat person is a rare sight.

Europe and North America no longer have agriculture. They have agribusiness. There are no ethics concerning the environment, animals or people's heath. All suffer for the benefit of corporate profits. Fortunately for the corporations most of the people are blissfully unaware. (They just fret about food allergies.)

2) Vegetarian and vegan "activists" are brainless.

What more needs to be said?
Klingons are fun, but Romulans are the sexiest women in the galaxy.
User avatar
Randicus Draco Albus
 
Posts: 1497
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:22 pm

Re: My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Postby golinux » December 1st, 2018, 6:00 am

Randicus Draco Albus wrote:What more needs to be said?

We are doomed by our collective stupidity.
May the FORK be with you!
User avatar
golinux
 
Posts: 1120
Joined: July 23rd, 2011, 4:45 pm
Location: not a 'buntard!

Re: My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Postby debil » December 1st, 2018, 8:04 am

golinux wrote:Is this the solution? </sarcasm> No more "killing" . . . but not very appetizing. It's been in the works for a while but now one step closer to your grocer . . .

Lab-Grown Meat Products Quietly Approved By FDA and USDA
https://returntonow.net/2018/11/30/lab- ... giOyqJTROE

The linked article wrote:Some environmental groups and animal rights advocates support lab-grown meat because it would consume fewer natural resources, avoid slaughter and eliminate the use of growth hormones."

What's not to like? Funny that taking bloodshed out of the equation somehow makes it unappetizing.

golinux wrote:Dystopia continues its march to absurdity . . .

While I agree I'm also sure folks have repeated those words for centuries already.
Ultimimate fanboi edition contributor
debil
 
Posts: 662
Joined: February 9th, 2011, 12:02 pm

Re: My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Postby nodir » December 1st, 2018, 9:09 am

lab meat would be interesting for me, if i had the feeling i would miss anything.
others? who claim how tasty their meat is (so tasty they usually have to pour sauce or ketchup over it (assuming it isn't already added when they buy it)? Come'on. fat, sugar and salt. You can't go wrong with that, but you can get it from pretty much any source, as far the taste is concerned.).

To assume that any food we get from the supermarket is "natural" is a bit naive, of course. And for meat and dairy products it sure isn't. Hence these days we speak of "production" (when it comes to animals, else too, but that's not what i mean).

Fun Fact: What the usual meat eater expects in meat, a magical source of supernatural power, is, if at all, to be found in "inards" (plucks, entrails). Say iron in swine liver. And the inards are not consumed anymore.
(not that you wouldn't find a different source for it easily, say pumpkin seed. In general you can't go wrong with rice and lentiles, nuts and seed, no matter what you are looking for, you can be sure to find it in any of those)

-
This is mainly a reaction to the people i speak with, if i do it all. What they say seldom is rational or reasonable, but, as said, they assume a magic power. As soon you ask, they got no answers (hence some form of magic). Still they claim to have rational reasons. Weird.
One even said: I won't watch that docu, cause if i do, i won't be able to eat meat anymore. lol. (Why you wanna eat meat? "I need it." For what? "i don't know"). (it was not me who propose the docu to him, and the one who did is neither vegan nor vegetarian. The subject was only food in general, hence somehow they ran in said docu).
Is that rational? I don't want to know, else i would need to make changes.
nodir
 
Posts: 307
Joined: June 16th, 2015, 10:10 pm

Re: My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Postby nodir » December 1st, 2018, 9:17 am

The good old days, when the cow was killed with a sledgehammer?
Can't say i miss them.
(quite popular docu in german TV. I think in Egypt they work around by first cut the tendon of the back legs and then pricking the eyes, to make it more easy for the butcher. It is also quite a show for the audience, of course.
appetizing you say? Better not speak of that)

All the hormons and antibiotics, and what not, missing, perhaps that was better.
nodir
 
Posts: 307
Joined: June 16th, 2015, 10:10 pm

Re: My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Postby lester] » December 2nd, 2018, 12:59 am

spirulina
debil wrote:
golinux wrote:Is this the solution? </sarcasm> No more "killing" . . . but not very appetizing. It's been in the works for a while but now one step closer to your grocer . . .

Lab-Grown Meat Products Quietly Approved By FDA and USDA
https://returntonow.net/2018/11/30/lab- ... giOyqJTROE

The linked article wrote:Some environmental groups and animal rights advocates support lab-grown meat because it would consume fewer natural resources, avoid slaughter and eliminate the use of growth hormones."

What's not to like? Funny that taking bloodshed out of the equation somehow makes it unappetizing.

golinux wrote:Dystopia continues its march to absurdity . . .

While I agree I'm also sure folks have repeated those words for centuries already.

It looks like a piece of red meat in a petri dish. And because it looks like a piece of beef the cattlemans asso. takes offense at the product be labeled meat.
It could be human tissue for all we know ( Soylent Green ) double reference to Soy production ? chlorella
Further down we have the link to how scaffolding is used to produce different shapes for the item (whatever it is/was) before being transformed into the new item.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... via%3Dihub
where in no uncertain terms refereed to as a product of economic viability for an ever growing human population and knowledge of the gene pool. (mark)
round and round we go
as wild animals are being corralled in to smaller and smaller habitats to make room for humans and livestock for human consumption.
And from what i've read in years past the extinction of endangered species also rising (but I digress) we all are aware of these unavoidable issues.
Some of them just get pushed further from of conscientiousness by setting them on the backburners in out minds.
maca
User avatar
lester]
 
Posts: 211
Joined: January 28th, 2012, 8:13 am
Location: hienlien

Re: My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Postby golinux » December 2nd, 2018, 1:52 am

debil wrote:While I agree I'm also sure folks have repeated those words for centuries already.

After 76 years most everything looks a little absurd. The folly of it all . . .
May the FORK be with you!
User avatar
golinux
 
Posts: 1120
Joined: July 23rd, 2011, 4:45 pm
Location: not a 'buntard!

Re: My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Postby Randicus Draco Albus » December 3rd, 2018, 1:48 am

The political "correctness" nonsense rolls on.
https://movieweb.com/baby-its-cold-outside-banned-me-too-elf-movie/
A song is banned by American radio stations because:
"Baby It's Cold Outside" is sung in a back-and-forth conversation in which a man tries to convince a woman not to go home in bad weather and to spend the night with him instead. People find the song offensive now because many believe that it eludes to date rape.
One or two people deicide to be different than everyone else and interpret something in a different way and declare it offensive. So everyone should stop listening to it. Of course their twisted interpretation takes precedence over the common sense interpretation of everyone else. But sexually explicit lyrics and profanity are alright. Wow. Just wow.
Klingons are fun, but Romulans are the sexiest women in the galaxy.
User avatar
Randicus Draco Albus
 
Posts: 1497
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:22 pm

Re: My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Postby cynwulf » December 3rd, 2018, 12:08 pm

debil wrote:Also, I agree with nodir about the mainstream media's tendecy to highlight these extreme examples of <insert minority here> behaviour. Which is a shame because the reasons behind the said behaviour are real and quite tangible, that easily get undermined by the articles (and sometimes by the acts themself).

Well one could say that they wanted to get media attention and they succeeded. If you read about this group, you will find that they are animal rights activists.

They stage disruptive action protests around the world, just like the one in the article. The article labelled them "vegans". One could readily assume that they are all vegans? Labelling them "animal rights activists" may not have had positive connotations either, seeing as their views and actions may not represent all such activists and some are even more extreme.

There is a reason that some of these groups are labelled "terrorist" by some, mainly because they use extreme and/or direct methods, often physical, often criminal (breaking and entering, releasing animals), but most notably because, as with terrorists, they target those at the bottom to supposedly force the hand of those at the top.

Targeting McBurger and it's global supply chain isn't so easy. The industry which has been at the heart of falling living standards, wages and working standards, global farming and all the destruction it entails since at least the 1950s if not before, is not such an easy prospect, plus it can afford it, plus it can just remarket and reinvent itself, change suppliers for good PR and pay lip service to public health ("100% <nationality> beef!") - as it has done on a number of occasions...

What I found most amusing about the article is that it ended with a short promotion of some of the items on the menu.
Randicus Draco Albus wrote:One or two people deicide to be different than everyone else and interpret something in a different way and declare it offensive. So everyone should stop listening to it. Of course their twisted interpretation takes precedence over the common sense interpretation of everyone else. But sexually explicit lyrics and profanity are alright. Wow. Just wow.

The "useful idiots" strike again. It paves the way for historical revisionism - i.e. wiping anything objectionable from the history books. Convince people that it's necessary in one context and they have a green light for all other contexts and then to the inevitable "Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia".

People already have no issue at all with their leaders being complete and utter hypocrites, so we're more than half way there.
cynwulf
 
Posts: 2548
Joined: April 26th, 2011, 2:46 pm

Re: My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Postby nodir » December 4th, 2018, 10:20 am

thing is: "those at the bottom" are involved. It is not: here the people, there the system (which, nasty as it is, suppresses the poor people). The people are the system.
Some french dude called Foucault is an eye-opener, when it comes to that (though his writings are rather boring to me, the general ideas are interesting).
And, of course, as said above (by both you and me), the very same is valid for all activists. You can only do that much, but in the end you are still part of the system. No need to defend it due to that, though. If anything can be called terrorism, then it's the system.
"No need to be sad if you are a militant. Even if what you fight against is abominable" (probably Deleuze, sure one of those french guys who, these days, would easily count as terrorists too).

Makes no sense, huh? Well, it's just chat to get closer to the magic 50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DijAV8GEIU
nodir
 
Posts: 307
Joined: June 16th, 2015, 10:10 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Nonsense

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

x