My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Talk about anything you feel like talking about. Pull up a soapbox and pontificate to your heart's content. May contain some adult humour or otherwise objectionable content (NSFW). No warez, pr0n or illegal stuff.

Re: My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Postby golinux » December 23rd, 2018, 7:46 am

namibed wrote:. . . and remember, the days are already getting longer again!

In your hemisphere and mine but not everyone's. ;)
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby debil » December 23rd, 2018, 8:29 am

lester] wrote:my personality type on the myers-briggs scale today turned out to be
Code: Select all
ENTJ
Extravert(12%)  iNtuitive(16%)  Thinking(3%)  Judging(6%)

You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (12%)
    You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (16%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (3%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (6%)

Last time I took the survey I believe I was an ENFP

All the MBTI (free online) tests I've done show INFP in the end. I can relate to that. As such MBTI, it's far from science, rather entertaining though. It has some use if one wants to get to know oneself a bit better.
Ultimimate fanboi edition contributor
debil

Postby nodir » December 23rd, 2018, 3:16 pm

namibed wrote:i originally had something very focused to say about nutritional choices, but it's gone now...

maybe this:
humans aren't designed to function on the best possible specs.
the proverbial stone age hunter wasn't some sort of body builder type with bulging muscles. instead, rather scrawny i think. always experiencing slight malnutrition. but he didn't die from it, rather from cold or sepsis after being speared by a mammoth. his lungs were worse than a chainsmoker's (too much time in front of open fire).

what i mean: as a vegan, you don't need the full protein intake as compared to ... what? you will survive.

i think i'd go with traditional cooking (all over the world); it contains a lot of wisdom about balanced nutrition.
and there's the biggest nutritional problem for veg/etari/ans:
if you eat what mommy cooks, but just leave out the animal product, it will be bad for you.

i once read that a 50/50 mix of rice and lentils (which is the basis of most meals in many countries) contains everything you need in protein and carbs in perfect balance.

not that i'm a vegan or even vegetarian, but i don't think a meal is incomplete if it doesn't contain animal product.

on these thoughts, i wish you all a happy winter time (or summer if you live down under), christmas for most, eating eating eating ... and remember, the days are already getting longer again!

I guess that is a nice way to put it, and rather: to look at it.
One thing though:
I didn't read *once* that the perfect mixture is rice and lentiles. I read it all the time.

And if i am not misinformed, then 2/3 of the world population focus (focused?) on that. Asia, that is.
I once chatted with a dude from Indonesia. He wanted to log out for dinner, and i asked what he will eat. He listed it. I was wondering: "What? No rice?". His answer: "There is no need to mention that you eat rice if you eat. Of course you will".

When i was ~20 years old, i started to have serious health problems, mainly the nervous system, but with according physical symptons (as an example: i vomited, more or less daily).
I was advised by a girl-friend to take more care of my food, and it helped more than just a bit.
Pretty much the only reason i consider nutrition to be important (for me), and i read about it now and then (the basics are covered in a few hours though, imho, see the quote of namibed. The mentioned Bodybuilder, Markus Rühl, also makes fun all the time of the fitness/gym guys/girls possession with food and has a nice approach: keep it simple. As said: including rice :-) ).

At least in Germany X-mas is a big chance to piss off one each other. Hence my X-mas greetings:
Take it easy.
nodir

Postby namibed » January 7th, 2019, 12:34 am

Happy New Year!
nodir wrote:At least in Germany X-mas is a big chance to piss off one each other. Hence my X-mas greetings:
Take it easy.

I tried, and I think I succeeded.
But it was boring, oh so boring: me and my mom both suffering from sickness (me a cold, she some mystery fever), basically watching the telly all day long. And I mean real telly, where you have to suffer through hours of sh!t to wait for the "good" stuff (german crime usually). And every series has a special christmas-themed episode, and they all air on the 24th!

The rest of my 2 week holiday was much nicer.
namibed

Postby cynwulf » January 18th, 2019, 12:13 pm

namibed wrote:so, i'm with the creators of south park. thank god they're gay jews, otherwise LBTQPCs would have a(nother) field day!

This is incorrect, not sure where this has come from?
cynwulf

Postby namibed » January 19th, 2019, 9:05 am

^ indeed, it seems i was more than half wrong.
Both are married to women ($DEITY, did i hurt someone's feelings by using this sexist term?), but at least Matt Stone Stone has described himself as ethnically Jewish, on account of his mother being Jewish.

I once had a gay friend who was a huge fan of south park early on. I think he showed me this video as proof of them being gay. maybe he didn't really get their humour.
Last edited by namibed on January 20th, 2019, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
namibed

Postby nodir » January 20th, 2019, 9:39 am

not that long ago being married to the opposite sex wasn't really a proof someone wasn't gay, as it was often used as a camouflage.
on a chat note, i think in our times it can be taken as a "proof".
a chat note, as i don't really care that much bout the sexual preferences of other (i do care a lot about the history of our society though, and mainly it's oppressive, anti-pluralistic character. Think of Foucault and such, if you want. And, point of my comment, this is really just one or two generations ago. The formal liberation can be gone in the blink of an eye, and in a few hundred years no one would even remember such once even existed. Not saying it sure will go away, but it can, that's for sure. Not that many are a fan of it).

arguing in a way like: "he/she is gay/transsexual, a back person, an immigrant, etc, *but* he is a useful member of society"
is a good part of that shameful history.
Formally at least the german constitions gives human rights and such to *everyone*, not someone who is "useful" (whatever that might be). And as something with neither can be gained nor be lost.
Formally: yes, but the public consciousness isn't there, that's for sure. And i don't speak of Joe Average, who never had a clue of anything, but of people who should know the constitutions and the theory of enlightenment damn well (journalists, authors, politicians, etc). I mean: they defend it , "our values", by going for war in each and every corner of the earth, spy on their citizens, etc. They should know what the feck they defend, don't they?

pretty confusing, i agree. The reader will have to use quite a bit of imagination to figure out what the hell i tried to say.
nodir

Postby namibed » January 20th, 2019, 1:00 pm

nodir wrote:arguing in a way like: "he/she is gay/transsexual, a back person, an immigrant, etc, *but* he is a useful member of society"
is a good part of that shameful history.

or saying things like
for a black person, you're really good at mathematics
for a woman, you drive really well
for a gay person, you ... (insert text here)

it's all about prejudice.
on one hand, preconceptions - prejudice - are essentially important for humans both nowadays and evolutionary, on the other hand one must really check oneself. it often helps to think first, then talk.
namibed

Previous

Return to Nonsense