My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Talk about anything you feel like talking about. Pull up a soapbox and pontificate to your heart's content. May contain some adult humour or otherwise objectionable content (NSFW). No warez, pr0n or illegal stuff.

My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » October 1st, 2018, 9:06 am

Randicus Draco Albus wrote:why was that thread locked anyway?

At my request :)

I don't really like political discussion threads over at fdn, I see it as a technical support forum and it seems that the moderators agree.
Last edited by Head_on_a_Stick on October 8th, 2018, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show Off
Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Trouble in Linux-land

Postby namibed » October 1st, 2018, 3:36 pm

golinux wrote:Not lulz but the author of the post quoted there. That troll was recognized at DNG (Devuan ML) after one or two posts. He is very skilled and the unsuspecting get sucked in. Then eventually he does the anti-feminism rant. I suggest you remove the link to DNG that you quoted so he doesn't get additional air time.
I see.
But that was just one of many articles quoted in that article; did you not scroll further?
as i said, the choice of sources might not have been ideal, but i found the lulz.com article useful at the time because it just threw together so much different stuff without even commenting on it too much.
it could have been even more objective, but it definitely shows the topic from different angles.

that said, i do not in any way endorse lulz.com. the article was handy at the time, that's all.

and i did not link the devuan mailing list anywhere so i can't remove anything either.
namibed

Postby namibed » October 1st, 2018, 3:40 pm

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:I don't really like political discussion threads over at fdn, I see it as a technical support forum and it seems that the moderators agree.

yet you vigorously pushed your own political agenda before requesting the thread to be locked.
full of wild and wrong allegations against me, which i then had no means to respond to.
namibed

Postby Hallvor » October 1st, 2018, 3:50 pm

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
Randicus Draco Albus wrote:why was that thread locked anyway?

At my request :)

I don't really like political discussion threads over at fdn, I see it as a technical support forum and it seems that the moderators agree.

The OP wrote about the CoC and concerns with politicizing of Linux development. You responded to that in an appalling manner, with politics and personal attacks, and then asked the moderators to lock the thread. I am not sure why it was locked, since no reason was given, but your own post would be my best guess. ;)
Laptop: Intel Core i5 3210-M CPU @ 2.50 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Intel HD 4000 graphics, 128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD, Debian Stretch (KDE)
Hallvor

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » October 1st, 2018, 3:52 pm

Hallvor wrote:I am not sure why it was locked, since no reason was given, but your own post would be my best guess

Yes, that was the general idea :mrgreen:
Show Off
Head_on_a_Stick

Postby golinux » October 1st, 2018, 3:53 pm

namibed wrote:
golinux wrote:Not lulz but the author of the post quoted there. That troll was recognized at DNG (Devuan ML) after one or two posts. He is very skilled and the unsuspecting get sucked in. Then eventually he does the anti-feminism rant. I suggest you remove the link to DNG that you quoted so he doesn't get additional air time.

and i did not link the devuan mailing list anywhere so i can't remove anything either.

Yes, you did when you quoted me here:
viewtopic.php?p=32609#p32609
Link text: always ends up going.
Would be nice if you could remove that.
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby golinux » October 1st, 2018, 4:31 pm

DUF was created to escape the kind of BS that goes on at FDN. @ Head_on_a_Stick . . . are you going to try to police us here too? Good luck with that . . .
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » October 1st, 2018, 6:17 pm

golinux wrote:are you going to try to police us here too?

No, not at all, I'm done with the moderation game, it is too stressful for me.

I was just answering a direct question, that's all.
Show Off
Head_on_a_Stick

Postby nodir » October 1st, 2018, 8:31 pm

"apt-get install thefuck"
and call it a day.
nodir

Postby Randicus Draco Albus » October 2nd, 2018, 1:17 am

Hallvor wrote:The OP wrote about the CoC and concerns with politicizing of Linux development. You responded to that in an appalling manner, with politics and personal attacks, and then asked the moderators to lock the thread. I am not sure why it was locked, since no reason was given, but your own post would be my best guess. ;)

What post? There are only two. Looks like at least one post was removed when the thread was locked.
Klingons are fun, but Romulans are the sexiest women in the galaxy.
Randicus Draco Albus

Next

Return to Nonsense