Enabling "Places" on the Desktop top bar

Talk about anything you feel like talking about. Pull up a soapbox and pontificate to your heart's content. May contain some adult humour or otherwise objectionable content (NSFW). No warez, pr0n or illegal stuff.

Enabling "Places" on the Desktop top bar

Postby blubouns » May 30th, 2017, 1:22 am

Here I come again with some noob stuff (jump to the last line to avoid a discardable introduction). At some point yesterday I had kind of a crash in my session, it just got me back to log in window and when I entered again my "Applications" and "Places" tabs at top of the screen had disappeared. First I thought I could go on without them, but soon I was missing them so much, and some google searching didn't help me at all, some sudo commands that I am trying to avoid as I'm afraid playing too much with it back when I used Ubuntu had something to do with frequent system problems. In fact I have fallen some time to the temptation of using it and my terminal says that I am not in the sudoers list... that is a sign for me. So, I don't do sudo, I want easy, direct solutions or workarounds, with clicks.

Enabling Applications and Places tabs in Gnome desktop: as easy as opening Tweak Tool and turning them on in the Extensions section.
blubouns

Return to Nonsense