which OS, which forum

Talk about anything you feel like talking about. Pull up a soapbox and pontificate to your heart's content. May contain some adult humour or otherwise objectionable content (NSFW). No warez, pr0n or illegal stuff.

which OS, which forum

Postby nodir » May 15th, 2016, 10:41 am

Title says it all: which OS are you using and, if at all, which forum (or other support channel).

I use refracta and Slackware based distros right now (Salix and Vector). I have Gentoo and Dragora installed too, but don't use them.
Raspberry still uses Debian, Server (not running) Debian with Devuan repos.

Forums? Close to none. I check refracta and debianuserforums whenever i boot the laptop. Found an old account and made a few posts at forums.debian, but deleted the account short ago.
IRC? mainly dragora and devuan, but i mainly post at dragora (seldom too, and mainly chat).

All distros do the job, but as far community is concerned: can't say it's much fun these days.
nodir

Re: which OS, which forum

Postby cynwulf » May 15th, 2016, 12:54 pm

I'm using Slackware mostly these days and that's on the few occasions when I use a computer at home - real life took over and I just don't have much time to spend on OpenBSD or any *BSDs anymore. Not much interested in trying new Linux distros. Not too interested in the web as a whole truth be told...

I don't use any forums at all except the occasional post here - got out of LQ for good, nearly a year ago. Too many fanbois for my liking.
cynwulf

Postby debil » May 16th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Two Debian installs here, desktop runs stable, laptop runs mixed testing/sid (w/ a dash of experimental) as usual. As for forums, this is the only place I visit maybe once a month. If I have a technical problem, I just STFW and go for the solution if anything props up. Usually StackExchange/StackOverflow/SuperUser and such. However, it's been years since I had problems computer-wise, so yeah. Nothing to see here, move along kind of situation.
Ultimimate fanboi edition contributor
debil

Postby Randicus Draco Albus » May 17th, 2016, 4:50 am

OpenBSD
I check the Daemon Forum every day, this one regularly (every few days) and the BSD sub-forum on LQ occasionally. I visit the Daemon Forum mainly to learn, because I do not know enough to help with most questions. LQ's BSD sub-forum does not need to be checked often, because it only gets two or three posts a month. To be honest, I do not know why I waste time checking it. Must be boredom.
Klingons are fun, but Romulans are the sexiest women in the galaxy.
Randicus Draco Albus

Return to Nonsense