Systemd discussion

Talk about anything you feel like talking about. Pull up a soapbox and pontificate to your heart's content. May contain some adult humour or otherwise objectionable content (NSFW). No warez, pr0n or illegal stuff.

Systemd discussion

Postby cynwulf » January 28th, 2016, 2:23 pm

debil wrote:(The last cynwulf quote I'll ever post.)

Maybe not.
JohnDeere630 wrote:is Debian dying?

Quite the opposite in fact. But it all depends on the perspectives of those involved. If Debian with systemd works for someone and they have no issues, then they should be free to just continue using it and not be swayed by those with "political agendas" who are simply trying to draw supporters to a particular "cause".
User avatar
cynwulf
 
Posts: 2549
Joined: April 26th, 2011, 2:46 pm

Re: DUF RIP

Postby golinux » January 28th, 2016, 4:23 pm

I think this board may have snagged another troll . . .
May the FORK be with you!
User avatar
golinux
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: July 23rd, 2011, 4:45 pm
Location: not a 'buntard!

Re: DUF RIP

Postby fig1 » January 28th, 2016, 5:24 pm

cynwulf wrote:
debil wrote:(The last cynwulf quote I'll ever post.)

they should be free to just continue using it and not be swayed by those with "political agendas" who are simply trying to draw supporters to a particular "cause".


calling giant, rancid bullshit. its the debian mailing lists that treat all attempts to run debian with the software-of-the-users-choice as trolling, and systemd-or-the-highway, not alternatives-or-the-highway is the current status quo.

to wit: show me one attempt to stop someone from having the option of running systemd anywhere on this forum. there isnt one, because you made it up. word of warning, if you intend to fool anyone, youre better off looking for a forum where this brand of foolery might work.

trying to draw supporters to a particular "cause".


trying to give people who are currently very unhappy a reason to be happy again? what a scandal! do you think we can somehow put a stop to this? dont make me laugh.
User avatar
fig1
 
Posts: 41
Joined: September 14th, 2015, 4:27 am

Re: DUF RIP

Postby golinux » January 28th, 2016, 6:17 pm

These trolls keep trying over on dng also. They just don't get it . . .
May the FORK be with you!
User avatar
golinux
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: July 23rd, 2011, 4:45 pm
Location: not a 'buntard!

Re: DUF RIP

Postby cynwulf » January 28th, 2016, 11:42 pm

fig1 wrote:calling giant, rancid bullshit. its the debian mailing lists that treat all attempts to run debian with the software-of-the-users-choice as trolling, and systemd-or-the-highway, not alternatives-or-the-highway is the current status quo.

You really should try to read posts literally and forget your own agenda from time to time... Maybe lose the puerile rhetorical approach (you're not so good at it) and explain exactly why my statement is false? There are a majority of Debian users who want to run with systemd. Sadly that's a fact. You don't like that and if you'd remove your head from your rectum you may actually spot others with similar opinions instead of shooting from the hip like some trigger happy, coked up southern baptist... that's the problem with zealots - the others zealots are never zealous enough...

fig1 wrote:to wit: show me one attempt to stop someone from having the option of running systemd anywhere on this forum. there isnt one, because you made it up. word of warning, if you intend to fool anyone, youre better off looking for a forum where this brand of foolery might work.

This forum is not an "anti systemd" Debian forum, but there are certainly some who would have it that way. But unfortunately it's doomed to failure. You see this forum was founded by a motley crew of independent thinkers and assorted characters of various persuasions - not by the 2nd chapter of the church of we-hate-poettering...

And don't presume to tell me what forum I can and cannot post on. You may indeed see this forum as a pulpit for your particular agenda, but some of us were actually here 5 years ago when it all started.

fig1 wrote:trying to give people who are currently very unhappy a reason to be happy again? what a scandal! do you think we can somehow put a stop to this? dont make me laugh.

:lol:
User avatar
cynwulf
 
Posts: 2549
Joined: April 26th, 2011, 2:46 pm

Re: DUF RIP

Postby fig1 » January 29th, 2016, 4:46 pm

cynwulf wrote:You really should try to read posts literally and forget your own agenda from time to time...


please, dont lecture me on taking things literally when you insert "agendas" into everything you dont agree with.

Maybe lose the puerile rhetorical approach (you're not so good at it)


right. im sure you could teach me something about purile rhetoric, but im not asking. now can we get to some substance, please?

explain exactly why my statement is false?


i already did: you conflate a "preference" with an "agenda."

There are a majority of Debian users who want to run with systemd. Sadly that's a fact.


it is, sort of.

its also a fact that most users dont care either way... but some do.

theres no agenda from providers of alternatives (which until quite recently were not "alternatives") except to-- wait for it-- provide alternatives.

your insistence on painting that as an "agenda" is trollish and stupid-- and marks you as dishonest at best.

far be from me to tell you where to post-- troll all you like, see how it suits you. i was merely advising you that you need to go somewhere else to find someone stupid enough to take your rhetoric seriously.

trying to get people to simply accept the fact that most people use one thing, and all alternatives are pointless, is akin to pretending the preferences of 30% of users (based on some survey you can take or leave) dont have a choice.

heres a fact: they do. explain why its a "preference" when systemd users want something, but an "agenda" when people enjoy an alternative-- and i will take back the part about trollish.

in that event, youll only be a condescending prick. but thats not an agenda, thats just a lifestyle choice. have fun with it all the way to ignore.
User avatar
fig1
 
Posts: 41
Joined: September 14th, 2015, 4:27 am

Re: DUF RIP

Postby hjkdadg » January 30th, 2016, 11:33 am

golinux wrote:These trolls keep trying over on dng also. They just don't get it . . .


At least sgryphon/MikeeUSA has found a cozy new place over there at Devuan.
They even quote him in their interview with distrowatch.com (https://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20141027#qa).
hjkdadg
 
Posts: 5
Joined: February 22nd, 2015, 10:44 am

Re: DUF RIP

Postby cynwulf » January 30th, 2016, 12:51 pm

fig1 wrote:please, dont lecture me on taking things literally when you insert "agendas" into everything you dont agree with.

And this is coming from the guy with the systemd turd avatar... :lol:

fig1 wrote:right. im sure you could teach me something about purile rhetoric, but im not asking.

No you've clearly got a masters in it, I'm not sure I have anything to add.

fig1 wrote:i already did: you conflate a "preference" with an "agenda."

Oh dear... I have a 'preference'. I use what I like - I don't post on forums with a systemd turd avatar and try 'educate' the poor ill-informed masses whom are supposedly sleepwalking towards systemd oblivion that systemd is a turd...

fig1 wrote:it is, sort of.

No "sort of" about it. If people are using it, it's because they want to, because it works and because they have no ideological reasons not to.

fig1 wrote:its also a fact that most users dont care either way... but some do.

Not caring: a "preference".

fig1 wrote:your insistence on painting that as an "agenda" is trollish and stupid-- and marks you as dishonest at best.

It's all about perspectives. From my perspective, the guy posting anti systemd crap and promoting an alternative on a debian forum is the troll... if Devuan have a forum or a mailing list that might better suit your needs.

fig1 wrote:i was merely advising you that you need to go somewhere else to find someone stupid enough to take your rhetoric seriously.

Whereas you need to go and find a Devuan forum for fanbois with systemd turd avatars where your bullshit will be readily lapped up. This isn't the place.

fig1 wrote:in that event, youll only be a condescending prick.

Oh you don't know the half of it...
fig1 wrote:have fun with it all the way to ignore.

And there it is. You spectacularly miss the point of this forum.
User avatar
cynwulf
 
Posts: 2549
Joined: April 26th, 2011, 2:46 pm

Re: DUF RIP

Postby hjkdadg » January 30th, 2016, 1:00 pm

cynwulf wrote:
fig1 wrote:please, dont lecture me on taking things literally when you insert "agendas" into everything you dont agree with.

And this is coming from the guy with the systemd turd avatar... :lol:


Now you are getting as bad as the debian-user@ list that he complained about:

fig1 wrote:its the debian mailing lists that treat all attempts to run debian with the software-of-the-users-choice as trolling, and systemd-or-the-highway, not alternatives-or-the-highway is the current status quo.


Just because he has a systemd turd avatar, doesn't mean he is a hater!!
hjkdadg
 
Posts: 5
Joined: February 22nd, 2015, 10:44 am

Re: DUF RIP

Postby fig1 » January 30th, 2016, 1:17 pm

sanjuro wrote:And there it is. You spectacularly miss the point of this forum.


actually i know exactly what this forum is for-- as i learned between late 2014 and early 2015, when i started researching the thing that had installed itself on my computer. (thats what you get for running testing, right?)

this forum was created when one or more users (and one of the names in question is still around in the earliest posts) was being harassed by mods on the official debian forum. apparently over there, there was one "consensus" that everyone should just "accept" about debian, and any other view was swiftly dealt with as trolling. so this forum was created to allow differing views and more open conversation. which is fine by me... im not the one telling people "just accept" that "most people" have a single view, as if none other matters.

personally if everyone here is happy with systemd, im 100% ok with that. its not for me, and i dont think avatars really count for a lot of anything. however prior to systemd, i was running debian on machines all over town-- my "agenda" (if it isnt ridiculous to call it that) is to keep such machines running as close to their previous configuration as possible-- within reason, and only at the users preference. if they want to co-install windows and osx in systemd containers, its theirs to do as they like, however silly.

of course, if you look at the extremely few things ive actually said about systemd over the past 12 months, that should be obvious. instead you over-analyze a year-old 100x100 bitmap, as thats the only support your argument has. are we done with this turd yet? i mean the entire exchange, not the avatar.
User avatar
fig1
 
Posts: 41
Joined: September 14th, 2015, 4:27 am

Next

Return to Nonsense

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

x