The Hazing Thread - introduce yourself *here*

Talk about anything you feel like talking about. Pull up a soapbox and pontificate to your heart's content. May contain some adult humour or otherwise objectionable content (NSFW). No warez, pr0n or illegal stuff.

Re: The Hazing Thread - introduce yourself *here*

Postby widget » June 22nd, 2014, 6:45 pm

Randicus Draco Albus wrote:I see the other boards are not enough to keep you busy, so you found your way into this dark recess of the internet. Welcome.
Feel free to start the hazing.

Montana; where the nights are cold and the sheep ... Oh wait. That is New Zealand. :lol:
Would happily live without this connection for dial up if agriculture, even here weren't in decline.
If you think agriculture (the family farm) is in decline where you are, take look a few miles north at the state agriculture is in in Canada, where the family farm is almost relegated to history. Lamentable.

Well!!!!!

We don't talk about sheep like that here!

This is a place where men are real men and sheep are nervous.

Corporate agriculture is going to starve the world. I am lucky that I will not last long enough to see the problems ahead. Younger folks are in for some real hell in a very few decades.
widget

Postby widget » June 22nd, 2014, 6:48 pm

cynwulf wrote:
Randicus Draco Albus wrote:I see the other boards are not enough to keep you busy, so you found your way into this dark recess of the internet. Welcome.

+1

The "other boards" are far too predictable and the dick head count is off the scale. While this may not be busy, you can do as you please without staff breathing down your neck or hordes of rabid fanbois invading every thread...

I have a strange sense of humor. I find, in moderation, fanboys to be very amusing. Very amusing.

In exess they do get to be simply very depressing.
widget

Postby golinux » June 22nd, 2014, 10:20 pm

widget wrote:Corporate agriculture is going to starve the world. I am lucky that I will not last long enough to see the problems ahead. Younger folks are in for some real hell in a very few decades.

It's already happening . . . food prices going up, up, up. I've been seeing some shortages for the last year or so - supply can't meet demand. Too many people in the world. Time for a massive population cull. There will be wars, the effects of climate change (lotsa natural disasters) and many human ones (GMOs, Roundup and other chemicals poisoning us all). As long as money is to be made the consequences to the rest of us are not a priority.
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby allthatisthecase » June 23rd, 2014, 6:06 am

Funny how, ever since they introduced GMOs, they claim that they can feed more people than with regular crops, yet increasingly more people have been starving since then.
allthatisthecase

Postby cynwulf » June 23rd, 2014, 8:49 am

GMOs were introduced for profit and profit alone. I still see people spouting bullshit about progress and feeding the starving "3rd world" and coming up with the usual excuses, etc...

Most of the GM production/consumption is still going on in the US, a country which incidentally has one of the largest obesity problems in the world. A large proportion of GM Soy actually goes into animal feed... the rest is turned into oil, Soy flour and other ingredients of the mass produced (fast/junk) food industry.

Brasil has also become a big producer (second only to the US for Soy production) and is slowly switching over to GM. Ironically Soy production has become as big a threat to the rainforest as raising cattle.
cynwulf

Postby FretfulMother » June 23rd, 2014, 9:20 am

This is a place where men are real men and sheep are nervous.

Let's hope we don't think of the same thing when it comes to men and sheep.
FretfulMother

Postby FretfulMother » June 23rd, 2014, 9:22 am

Oh, and 20 years after 1989 it looks a lot as if the "empire of evil" (the UDSSR) was not the worst problem the world had (or has).
While it might have been a shit system too, it sure made the West behave slightly more civil for a couple of years.
FretfulMother

Postby cynwulf » June 23rd, 2014, 10:28 am

The "balance of powers" has always been hugely important. Nowadays there is this idea among the masses that we can just live in peace and let one superpower act as babysitter, key holder and world police. We can sit back and trust this super rich 'benevolent' capitalists and be sure that they'll do the right thing...

Take Iraq for example - they fucked up Iraq over the last 11 years. Now they're stabbing their own quisling in the back to cover up their own incompetence. People should be asking a simple question: It took 11 years to achieve supposed stability and get the puppet regime rooted in - now the puppet regime are pretty much lost, no support and not enough foreign firepower to guarantee security - so the country is being overrun - by non other than the extremist militias the west had been funding against Assad in Syria.

The next stage will be another Syria like civil war - but this time with the west targeting the very groups they had been bankrolling. Probably just another excuse to continue occupation and usurp al-Maliki.

And they will get away with it.
cynwulf

Postby Randicus Draco Albus » June 23rd, 2014, 12:14 pm

cynwulf wrote:And they will get away with it.
Of course. They will use the magic word "terrorists." The sheep will blindly support the war against "the terrorists." Bombs will be dropped, destroying the farms and food supply. Then genetically modified frankenfood grown in America will be sold to the impoverished survivors. Not the seeds of course. The seeds that crow the sterile grain must be purchased separately every year. Win-win scenario. Win for agricorps, win for the American government. The losers will not be mentioned on the evening newscast. That would put a damper on the euphoria.
Klingons are fun, but Romulans are the sexiest women in the galaxy.
Randicus Draco Albus

Postby cynwulf » June 23rd, 2014, 1:38 pm

Randicus Draco Albus wrote:Then genetically modified frankenfood grown in America will be sold to the impoverished survivors.

Not as hyperbole as it may seem...

There are three large business concerns with interest in Ukraine - one is a large energy corp, the other two are involved with GM produce - all three are big US based multinationals.

p.s. sorry to keep singling out 'mericuh, if it's any consolation, we Britishers are just as bad, if not worse...
cynwulf

PreviousNext

Return to Nonsense