My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Talk about anything you feel like talking about. Pull up a soapbox and pontificate to your heart's content. May contain some adult humour or otherwise objectionable content (NSFW). No warez, pr0n or illegal stuff.

Re: My Awesome Adventure (CoC debate)

Postby golinux » December 23rd, 2018, 7:46 am

namibed wrote:. . . and remember, the days are already getting longer again!

In your hemisphere and mine but not everyone's. ;)
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby debil » December 23rd, 2018, 8:29 am

lester] wrote:my personality type on the myers-briggs scale today turned out to be
Code: Select all
ENTJ
Extravert(12%)  iNtuitive(16%)  Thinking(3%)  Judging(6%)

You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (12%)
    You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (16%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (3%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (6%)

Last time I took the survey I believe I was an ENFP

All the MBTI (free online) tests I've done show INFP in the end. I can relate to that. As such MBTI, it's far from science, rather entertaining though. It has some use if one wants to get to know oneself a bit better.
Ultimimate fanboi edition contributor
debil

Postby nodir » December 23rd, 2018, 3:16 pm

namibed wrote:i originally had something very focused to say about nutritional choices, but it's gone now...

maybe this:
humans aren't designed to function on the best possible specs.
the proverbial stone age hunter wasn't some sort of body builder type with bulging muscles. instead, rather scrawny i think. always experiencing slight malnutrition. but he didn't die from it, rather from cold or sepsis after being speared by a mammoth. his lungs were worse than a chainsmoker's (too much time in front of open fire).

what i mean: as a vegan, you don't need the full protein intake as compared to ... what? you will survive.

i think i'd go with traditional cooking (all over the world); it contains a lot of wisdom about balanced nutrition.
and there's the biggest nutritional problem for veg/etari/ans:
if you eat what mommy cooks, but just leave out the animal product, it will be bad for you.

i once read that a 50/50 mix of rice and lentils (which is the basis of most meals in many countries) contains everything you need in protein and carbs in perfect balance.

not that i'm a vegan or even vegetarian, but i don't think a meal is incomplete if it doesn't contain animal product.

on these thoughts, i wish you all a happy winter time (or summer if you live down under), christmas for most, eating eating eating ... and remember, the days are already getting longer again!

I guess that is a nice way to put it, and rather: to look at it.
One thing though:
I didn't read *once* that the perfect mixture is rice and lentiles. I read it all the time.

And if i am not misinformed, then 2/3 of the world population focus (focused?) on that. Asia, that is.
I once chatted with a dude from Indonesia. He wanted to log out for dinner, and i asked what he will eat. He listed it. I was wondering: "What? No rice?". His answer: "There is no need to mention that you eat rice if you eat. Of course you will".

When i was ~20 years old, i started to have serious health problems, mainly the nervous system, but with according physical symptons (as an example: i vomited, more or less daily).
I was advised by a girl-friend to take more care of my food, and it helped more than just a bit.
Pretty much the only reason i consider nutrition to be important (for me), and i read about it now and then (the basics are covered in a few hours though, imho, see the quote of namibed. The mentioned Bodybuilder, Markus Rühl, also makes fun all the time of the fitness/gym guys/girls possession with food and has a nice approach: keep it simple. As said: including rice :-) ).

At least in Germany X-mas is a big chance to piss off one each other. Hence my X-mas greetings:
Take it easy.
nodir

Postby namibed » January 7th, 2019, 12:34 am

Happy New Year!
nodir wrote:At least in Germany X-mas is a big chance to piss off one each other. Hence my X-mas greetings:
Take it easy.

I tried, and I think I succeeded.
But it was boring, oh so boring: me and my mom both suffering from sickness (me a cold, she some mystery fever), basically watching the telly all day long. And I mean real telly, where you have to suffer through hours of sh!t to wait for the "good" stuff (german crime usually). And every series has a special christmas-themed episode, and they all air on the 24th!

The rest of my 2 week holiday was much nicer.
namibed

Previous

Return to Nonsense