Re: Latex and xdvi command [Solved]

Talk about anything you feel like talking about. Pull up a soapbox and pontificate to your heart's content. May contain some adult humour or otherwise objectionable content (NSFW). No warez, pr0n or illegal stuff.

Re: Latex and xdvi command [Solved]

Postby prudra » April 21st, 2017, 3:03 pm

I know it is really about Latex, but I have not yet got an answer on Latex Forum. Maybe somebody here have the answer.

On my Debian Jessie Mate DE laptop I have texlive-latex3 installed. I have a number of `\includegraphics{figure.eps}' in the `file.tex' file. As long as the total file length was small there was no problem of showing the figures when I ran `xdvi file.dvi &' after running `latex file.tex' . But when the file grew somewhat larger, then for the figure only the boundary was appearing, but nothing inside the boundary. But if I ran `xpdf file.pdf &' after running `latex file.tex' and `dvipdf file.dvi', then the full figure was appearing. So it seems that the full figure was being generated by latex command but was not being shown by the xdvi command. Also after running the xdvi command on the terminal appeared

rudra@mahasagar:~/groups$ xdvi group.dvi &
[1] 2737
rudra@mahasagar:~/groups$ gs: Unknown device: x11
gs: Unrecoverable error: undefined in .uninstallpagedevice
gs: Operand stack:
gs: defaultdevice
xdvik: read_from_gs: Connection reset by peer

This is not causing any harm but is a nuisance.
I shall appreciate help in solving the problem and avoiding the nuisance. Thanks.
Last edited by prudra on April 26th, 2017, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
prudra

Re: Latex and xdvi command

Postby prudra » April 26th, 2017, 3:58 am

After #apt-get install ghostscript-x everything is running fine.
prudra

Return to Nonsense