The Hazing Thread - introduce yourself *here*

Talk about anything you feel like talking about. Pull up a soapbox and pontificate to your heart's content. May contain some adult humour or otherwise objectionable content (NSFW). No warez, pr0n or illegal stuff.

Re: The Hazing Thread - introduce yourself *here*

Postby BillTutte » January 13th, 2015, 5:05 pm

noob ...
je suis charlie
Linux user # 519546
MX-14.2 on "craptop" &
AMD PHENOM2 X4 945 sAM3 *95W*
GByte GA-MA785GMTUD2H AMD785G SB710
Corsair TwinX 4GB DDR3 1333
2x 1.5TB Ssung HD154UI SAT

[center]Switzerland has Dignitas
the UK has DCA's, Bankers and Lawyers.[/center]
BillTutte

Postby kyaw » March 13th, 2016, 7:24 am

good to see you, Debianer.
kyaw

Postby Dontheone » December 28th, 2016, 4:02 am

Hello I am Don the one. I learned linux about Redhat 7 and some others but got out for a while and returned about a year ago. Struggled to get Debian working. Still is very hard to remember how to do stuff.
Dontheone

Postby TheREALME » May 28th, 2018, 7:58 pm

Just to introduce myslef, I am real , so this is me. I am not new to Linux, but also not a real expert at all, however usually by doing searches,and since Linux is fairly common, popular there is a lot of good information available, any way I usually can solve my problems with out any help from forums. I have kind of moved away from Debian and Linux though and use another OS that works better for me. This forum does not seem very active, but I do like to try to help others if and when I can,..if nothing else showing them how to use search engines to look for solutions.
I looked at the other Debian forum, it seems more active, but any way that is another topic, I see someone asked about the differences here: http://www.debianuserforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3664

Edited, side note: I enjoy mostly reading and don't expect to be posting much , there are some useful posts here that I have seen when I did searches on many problems that occur with Debian.
It does seem to me like there are a lot more problems with it now, compared to Debian 7 and older, but I suppose that would be another topic. For any one wondering , my first Debian installation was Debian 5 Lenny.
I actually experimented starting with Debian 1.1 Buzz, and Debian 2, but never used them much, later on Debian 5 I started using regularly. Debian 6 squeeze, in my opinion was the best of Debian, it is to bad they stopped supporting it.
TheREALME

Previous

Return to Nonsense