Who wrote Systemd?

Discussion of technology related topics including news, events, and announcements.

Who wrote Systemd?

Postby jheaton5 » January 1st, 2015, 12:21 am

jheaton5

Re: Who wrote Systemd?

Postby Randicus Draco Albus » January 1st, 2015, 8:55 am

Thanks for posting a link I had to use a proxy service to access. :evil:
Is this person trying to tell us something we do not know? A small group of people and the most active among them are Red Hat employees. Everyone already knew that. Or was the purpose to encourage anger being directed at more than Poettering so the others get their share of the blame? Or a Poettering supporter trying to show little Poetty is being wrongly vilified?

I just thought of a new word. Instead of calling someone a potty-mouth, we can now say Poetty-mouth. :D
Klingons are fun, but Romulans are the sexiest women in the galaxy.
Randicus Draco Albus

Postby jheaton5 » January 1st, 2015, 2:41 pm

Randicus Draco Albus wrote:Thanks for posting a link I had to use a proxy service to access. :evil:

You are very welcome. I always try to give my fellow members cause to exercise their various skills. Or you could go back to Canada. :)

I'm not sure why this was posted but I thought it appropriate to document for all to see who these guys are.
jheaton5

Postby Randicus Draco Albus » January 1st, 2015, 11:42 pm

jheaton5 wrote:Or you could go back to Canada. :)
Heavens no. I would go back to Australia before going back to Canada. It would only take a few days of -40 degrees to kill me. So stop being a Poetty-mouth. :lol:

I'm not sure why this was posted but I thought it appropriate to document for all to see who these guys are.
One aim seems to be to show the diversity of people creating systemd. In that respect the post fails miserably. Actually, I am surprised the list is so short. I expected a big and all-encompassing project like systemd would have a huge number of developers. It is surprising that the bulk of the work is being done by three or four people.
Klingons are fun, but Romulans are the sexiest women in the galaxy.
Randicus Draco Albus

Postby golinux » January 2nd, 2015, 12:14 am

The background is so dark I gave up trying to read it very closely. IOW, the site is as obfuscated as systemd itself.
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Return to Technical Talk